Skip to main content

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

{sewing} FINISHED: My second Wren

Yes, I made another. Not surprising, seeing as I loved the first one so much. Only, this time around I chose to go with the elbow length sleeves and gathered skirt. I had enough fabric and wanted to try something different. However, as you can see, the sewing gods had other plans for me...
Pois é, fiz mais um. Gostei tanto do primeiro que não é surpresa ter feito outro. Só que desta vez quis fazer o de manga curta e saia franzida. Tinha tecido suficiente e estava a fim de tentar algo diferente. Entretanto, como dá pra notar, o deuses da costura tinham outros planos para mim...
Wren

I cut a straight size S again and constructed the dress without any hiccups or changes. The only thing I did differently was to bind the whole neckline and front with one continuous band. I'm not crazy about how the shoulder seams look on my other Wren after finishing each piece separately. Anyway, once I tried it on I wanted to cry. It looked awful on me: very frumpy and pregnant - which wouldn't be a problem if I were really pregnant... I don't understand why. I love all the gathered skirt versions I've seen so far. My theory is that if I was bigger at the top (oh, how I wish!) it would look better.
Cortei o tamanho S e costurei o vestido sem problemas nem mudanças. A única coisa que fiz diferente foi mudar o acabamento no pescoço e na frente. O molde indica simplesmente virar a borda e fazer a bainha. Como não curti o resultado no meu vestido preto, seguindo essas instruções, usei um viés contínuo do mesmo tecido no borda toda. Bem melhor.
Terminei a costura, vesti o bendito, olhei no espelho e quis chorar! Ficou péssimo: meio desleixado e com uma super cara de grávida - o que não seria problema se estivesse mesmo grávida... Como gostei de todas as versões com saia franzida que vi até agora, minha teoria é que se eu fosse mais "bem dotada" na parte de cima, ficaria melhor.
Wren
It was late, I was tired and defeated; so I put it away and went to sleep. The next day I had resolved I wouldn't be beaten. The seam was unpicked. *Overlocked* seam, no less! Then I hacked into the skirt and recut the fitted skirt panels out of it. Sewed it all back up again and...
Como já  era tarde e eu estava me sentindo cansada e derrotada, deixei o vestido de lado e fui dormir. No dia seguinte, acordei resolvida a vencer essa batalha. Desmanchei a costura da saia - de overloque e tudo! Re-cortei o molde com os painéis da saia justa e costurei tudo de novo...
Wren
I really, really love it! It fits wonderfully and it makes my look like I have hips - which doesn't happen in the black one. The back still sits beautifully and it is so comfortable to wear. I'm very glad I decided to change the skirt. At one point I thought it didn't look so bad with a belt, but I wouldn't have worn it as much that way. Whereas I can see myself wearing this over and over again now.
Acabei adorando o resultado! Serviu super bem e me dá a impressão de ter quadris - o que não rola no meu vestido preto. A parte de trás do pescoço continua caindo perfeitamente e é super confortável de usar. Estou tão contente por ter mudado a saia. Cheguei até a aceitar que a saia franzida não ficava tão ruim com um cinto, mas com certeza eu acabaria não usando o vestido. Sendo que agora tenho certeza que o usarei muito mais.
Wren
I did have to adjust some excess fabric under the arm, which I didn't need to do with my first one. How weird that one stretchy fabric can behave so entirely different from its counterparts! Speaking of the fabric, this is a medium jersey from Fabworks that I bought last week for just £3/metre. It's the same fabric I used for my Coco and this Moneta.
Acabei tendo que ajustar um excesso embaixo do braço, o que não precisei fazer com a primeira versão. Não é estranho como uma malha se comporta tão diferentemente da outra? Falando nisso, a malha que usei foi uma média da Fabworks, que só me custou £3/metro. É a mesma malha que usei para costurar o meu Coco e o meu Moneta.
Wren
It's great that the red, unlike the black, lends itself to showcase all the design elements I love so much about this pattern. Yep, the gathers on the shoulders again. They're so lovely!
Acho ótimo que o vermelho, ao contrário do preto, realça todos os detalhes que tanto me atraíram a esse molde. É, lá estão as dobras no ombro novamente. Elas são uma graça!

Thanks for stopping by and see you next time!
Obrigada pela visita e até a próxima!

Popular posts from this blog

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

{Friday Pattern Company} Sagebrush Top

I know I said I didn't think I could be bothered to get the blog going again but this top came into my life and I love it too much not to ramble on about it for longer than I should... Meet the Sagebrush top from Friday Pattern Company. Isn't it brilliant? I never thought I was a ruffle and puffy sleeve kind of person, but maybe I am because I bloody love this! It was another buddy sew with Mel, but this time not only did we make the same pattern, we used the same fabric as well. We fell in love with a few yellow versions we saw on Instagram and when Mel found this fabric , we had to. 🤷‍♀️ The fabric was a joy to sew and is great to wear. It's perfect for this top: it has fluidity and drape but it's still got some body to cope with all that volume. There is a lovely slubby texture to it, too, which I really like. The instructions are really clear. The pattern is of very simple construction and a very good option for beginners. But it's also an enjoyable project fo

{Tilly and the Buttons} The Indigo smock dress

When the  Indigo dress came out I wasn't bothered. I had just bought the  I AM Cassiopée  and didn't think I'd need another smock style dress in my life. I wasn't even sure if the shape was for me at that point. I have since made the Cassiopée twice and I wear them a lot. I still wasn't convinced I needed another pattern that was so similar though. But then,  Fabricate  had a party to launch their new shop location and I wanted to attend. Obviously, I'm still on a fabric buying ban until January and couldn't buy any fabric so I bought an Indigo pattern that night instead. I am so in love with this dress!!! How can something so simple look so good? I think the fabric plays a massive part though. Ever since I saw  this chambray version  that Caroline made I have wanted to make a similar one. It just works. My fabric came from  Ray Stitch  when I visited last month. I can't find it on their website but I also can't remember the name so it may sti