Skip to main content

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

Nothing finished, loads of WIPs

Hello again! I know it's been a couple of weeks but I don't have anything new to show yet... Well, I have finished 2 dresses recently but the weather has suddenly turned to awful and it makes it very tricky to get good pictures. They'll come soon though, so there's something to look forward to. In the meantime, I'll tease you all with some current WIPs and stuff I need to add finishing touches to.
Olá de novo! Sumi por uns dias mas é porque não tenho nada terminado pra mostrar... Na verdade terminei dois vestidos recentemente porém o tempo está tão horroroso que ainda não consegui tirar fotos decentes. Enquanto isso, vou mostrar o que tenho em andamento atualmente.


If you follow me on instagram, you might have seen these knitted up already. I've made them into my most addictive pattern to date 2 slouchy hats over the last couple of weeks. They'll appear in full soon but here is a little taster.
Se você me segue no instagram, você deve ter visto esses novelos tricotados. Se transformaram em dois gorros nas últimas semanas. Eles farão sua estréia por aqui logo, logo mas aqui está uma amostra de um dos produtos finais...
Next up is my Chalet - which I didn't realise wasn't on Ravelry until today. Oops! This is pretty much finished, except for the buttons. But because it is very fitted I also want to reinforce the button band and the buttonholes with ribbon. Hopefully this will avoid the weird stretching that you sometimes get with tight fitting cardigans.
O próximo é o meu Chalet - que só percebi hoje que ainda não tinha colocado na minha página do ravelry. Oops! Está só faltando os botões, mas quero reinforçar com fita os caseados e a faixa dos botões também. Assim eles não parecem deformados quando o casaco estiver abotoado, já que ele ficou bem justinho.
The same goes for my Vianne, which I talked about in this post. I'm quite embarrassed to admit that they've been finished for ages, as far as the actual knitting of them goes. I just haven't bothered to tidy them up in order to actually wear them. Having said that, the weather has been really mild until the last few days so maybe I'll get a move on now that I feel the need for them.
Meu Vianne, que eu mostrei nesse post, está na mesma situação. É meio vergonhoso ter que admitir que os dois casacos já estão prontos faz um tempão. Só não tive paciência para dar os toques finais e começar a usá-los. Se bem que até essa semana a temperatura andava bem moderada para a época do ano, o que deve ter contribuído para a falta de motivação. Quem sabe agora que estou precisando de casaquinhos novos eu resolvo dar um jeito nisso, né?
As far as sewing goes, I recently put together the pieces below. They turned into a gorgeous dress but that's all I'll say about it for now.
Quanto às costuras, transformei as peças abaixo em um vestido lindo. Mas vou parar por aqui pra não entrar no território do post que quero preparar para mostrá-lo.
The last one, again, if you follow me on instagram, you'll have seen it last Saturday. We're going out tonight and I think I'm going to wear it then.
Meu último projeto de ultimamente você já deve ter visto se, mais uma vez, me segue no instagram... Vamos sair hoje à noite e vou estreá-lo.
A photo posted by PatsyPoo (@patsypoo_) on

That's it for my WIPs. I will come back soon with some finished stuff to show off, as long as the weather cooperates...
Por hoje é só. Volto logo com projetos terminados de verdade para mostrar, contanto que o tempo e os dias tão curtos colaborem com os meus planos...

See you next time!
Até a próxima!

Popular posts from this blog

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

{Friday Pattern Company} Sagebrush Top

I know I said I didn't think I could be bothered to get the blog going again but this top came into my life and I love it too much not to ramble on about it for longer than I should... Meet the Sagebrush top from Friday Pattern Company. Isn't it brilliant? I never thought I was a ruffle and puffy sleeve kind of person, but maybe I am because I bloody love this! It was another buddy sew with Mel, but this time not only did we make the same pattern, we used the same fabric as well. We fell in love with a few yellow versions we saw on Instagram and when Mel found this fabric , we had to. 🤷‍♀️ The fabric was a joy to sew and is great to wear. It's perfect for this top: it has fluidity and drape but it's still got some body to cope with all that volume. There is a lovely slubby texture to it, too, which I really like. The instructions are really clear. The pattern is of very simple construction and a very good option for beginners. But it's also an enjoyable project fo

{Tilly and the Buttons} The Indigo smock dress

When the  Indigo dress came out I wasn't bothered. I had just bought the  I AM Cassiopée  and didn't think I'd need another smock style dress in my life. I wasn't even sure if the shape was for me at that point. I have since made the Cassiopée twice and I wear them a lot. I still wasn't convinced I needed another pattern that was so similar though. But then,  Fabricate  had a party to launch their new shop location and I wanted to attend. Obviously, I'm still on a fabric buying ban until January and couldn't buy any fabric so I bought an Indigo pattern that night instead. I am so in love with this dress!!! How can something so simple look so good? I think the fabric plays a massive part though. Ever since I saw  this chambray version  that Caroline made I have wanted to make a similar one. It just works. My fabric came from  Ray Stitch  when I visited last month. I can't find it on their website but I also can't remember the name so it may sti