Skip to main content

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

{knitting} WIP: A return to sock knitting

The other day I started thinking about the last socks I made. Not counting a quick, simple pair I made for Nina in January, the last pair of socks I made for me were about 18 months ago!!! I was shocked! I can't believe it's been so long. So I thought it was time to fix that and cast on a new pair.
Outro dia comecei a pensar no último par de meias que tricotei. Sem contar um par simples que fiz para a Nina em janeiro, o último par que fiz pra mim foi há quase um ano e meio!!! Fiquei chocada! Não acredito que faz tanto tempo assim. Então decidi mudar isso e começar um novo par.

Stricken
Since we're going to be sock knitting, let's do it right and cast on a Cookie A. pattern, shall we? Hell, yeah! I *LOVE* Cookie A. socks! The instructions are always crystal clear, the charts are incredibly intricate but pretty intuitive once you wrap your head around them; and the finished sock is just mind blowing.

Já que vamos fazer isso, vamos fazer direito e escolher uma receita da Cookie A., né? Oh, yes! Eu *ADORO* as meias dela! As instruções são claríssimas, os gráficos são complexos mas acabam tornando-se intuitivos; e o produto final é de tirar o fôlego.

Stricken

I am loving the way it's shaping up so far and it's knitting up very fast, too. I'll be getting on to the heel pretty soon and I've only been working on it for a couple of nights. I'll talk more about it and the yarn I chose when I'm back with it as an FO. For now I'll leave you with another close up shot of these delicious travelling cables.
Estou adorando como ela está saindo e o progresso está sendo ligeiro. Já estou quase no calcanhar e comecei a tricotá-la há apenas umas duas noites atrás. Conto mais detalhes da receita e do fio utilizado quando terminá-la. Por enquanto, deixo mais um close up do que eu vou começar a me referir como as "tranças itinerantes" - não tenho idéia do termo em português mas eu gostei desse... ;-)

Stricken

See you next time and thanks for visiting!
Até a próxima e obrigada por passar por aqui!

Popular posts from this blog

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

{Friday Pattern Company} Sagebrush Top

I know I said I didn't think I could be bothered to get the blog going again but this top came into my life and I love it too much not to ramble on about it for longer than I should... Meet the Sagebrush top from Friday Pattern Company. Isn't it brilliant? I never thought I was a ruffle and puffy sleeve kind of person, but maybe I am because I bloody love this! It was another buddy sew with Mel, but this time not only did we make the same pattern, we used the same fabric as well. We fell in love with a few yellow versions we saw on Instagram and when Mel found this fabric , we had to. 🤷‍♀️ The fabric was a joy to sew and is great to wear. It's perfect for this top: it has fluidity and drape but it's still got some body to cope with all that volume. There is a lovely slubby texture to it, too, which I really like. The instructions are really clear. The pattern is of very simple construction and a very good option for beginners. But it's also an enjoyable project fo

{Tilly and the Buttons} The Indigo smock dress

When the  Indigo dress came out I wasn't bothered. I had just bought the  I AM Cassiopée  and didn't think I'd need another smock style dress in my life. I wasn't even sure if the shape was for me at that point. I have since made the Cassiopée twice and I wear them a lot. I still wasn't convinced I needed another pattern that was so similar though. But then,  Fabricate  had a party to launch their new shop location and I wanted to attend. Obviously, I'm still on a fabric buying ban until January and couldn't buy any fabric so I bought an Indigo pattern that night instead. I am so in love with this dress!!! How can something so simple look so good? I think the fabric plays a massive part though. Ever since I saw  this chambray version  that Caroline made I have wanted to make a similar one. It just works. My fabric came from  Ray Stitch  when I visited last month. I can't find it on their website but I also can't remember the name so it may sti