Skip to main content

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

{sewing} The Wren dress by Colette

Today I give you... The Wren Dress by Colette patterns. The Colette website describes it as a "surplice" dress, which I understand to be a reference to the cross over at the front, kind of like a mock wrap. You can opt for sleeveless or floaty sleeves and a gathered or a panelled, fitted skirt. At the time of its release, Colette had a special offer on which gave you the optional long sleeve download for free. I took advantage of that since I wanted to make something suitable for winter.
Hoje tem... O vestido Wren da Colette. Ele é um modelo justo no busto, cruzado na frente, com opção de saia justa ou franzida. Também pode ser feito com ou sem mangas. O download da manga longa estava à disposição por tempo limitado para quem comprou o molde assim que lançou - foi o que eu fiz, pois queria um vestido para usar no inverno.
Wren

I was in two minds between the gathered skirt option or the fitted one because I like them both. I'm a
huge fan of the gathered skirt, having made two Monetas already. But I did't have enough of the fabric I wanted to use for this, so my hand was forced towards the fitted skirt.
Estava em dúvida entre as duas saias pois curto muito uma saia franzida, tanto que já fiz dois Monetas. Mas no fim das contas, não tive tecido suficiente para fazer a saia franzida então fui de saia justa.
Wren
When the bodice was made and I tried it on I had a moment of panic. It seemed quite small and tight I thought there was no way it was going to fit me... But I trusted the patterned and carried on. I couldn't be happier with the result. It's a great little pattern and I've already made another one! I'm so in love with it. There will be probably be a few more Wrens in my future, I'm sure.
Assim que terminei a parte de cima, entrei em pânico. Tinha certeza que não ia servir... Mas acabei confiando no molde e continuei. Acabei adorando o resultado. Já até fiz outra versão que vou mostrar essa semana! E tenho certeza que não vou parar por aqui. 
Wren
The fabric was great as well. It's a ponte from Girl Charlee UK and I was impressed with it. It was my first time sewing with ponte and I enjoyed it. Very easy to work with, soft and very sturdy at the same time. It has quite a lot of Polyester in its mix but I've worn it twice since the weather has turned cold and it's absolutely fine. It's kept me warm but not made me sweat.
O tecido também é ótimo. É um ponto roma da Girl Charlee UK e eu gostei muito de trabalhar com ele. Foi iniciação no ponto roma e deu tudo certo. Fácil de costurar, macio mas bem firme ao mesmo tempo. O tecido tem um conteúdo alto de poliéster mas já usei o vestido duas vezes e não me incomodou. Fiquei quentinha mas sem suar... 
Wren
My favourite part of this dress is the gathered shoulder detail you can see in the last photo. But I also love how the back neck sits so perfectly. I wish there was a way for me to show the stuff I make better than to wear it. I bloody hate having these photos taken! 
Minha parte preferida do vestido é o detalhe franzido no ombro que dá pra ver na última foto. E a perfeição do caimento no pescoço. Só preferiria achar uma maneira de mostrar as coisas que eu faço sem ter que posar pra fotos. Como eu detesto fazer isso!

See you next time!
Até a próxima!

Popular posts from this blog

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

{Friday Pattern Company} Sagebrush Top

I know I said I didn't think I could be bothered to get the blog going again but this top came into my life and I love it too much not to ramble on about it for longer than I should... Meet the Sagebrush top from Friday Pattern Company. Isn't it brilliant? I never thought I was a ruffle and puffy sleeve kind of person, but maybe I am because I bloody love this! It was another buddy sew with Mel, but this time not only did we make the same pattern, we used the same fabric as well. We fell in love with a few yellow versions we saw on Instagram and when Mel found this fabric , we had to. 🤷‍♀️ The fabric was a joy to sew and is great to wear. It's perfect for this top: it has fluidity and drape but it's still got some body to cope with all that volume. There is a lovely slubby texture to it, too, which I really like. The instructions are really clear. The pattern is of very simple construction and a very good option for beginners. But it's also an enjoyable project fo

{Tilly and the Buttons} The Indigo smock dress

When the  Indigo dress came out I wasn't bothered. I had just bought the  I AM Cassiopée  and didn't think I'd need another smock style dress in my life. I wasn't even sure if the shape was for me at that point. I have since made the Cassiopée twice and I wear them a lot. I still wasn't convinced I needed another pattern that was so similar though. But then,  Fabricate  had a party to launch their new shop location and I wanted to attend. Obviously, I'm still on a fabric buying ban until January and couldn't buy any fabric so I bought an Indigo pattern that night instead. I am so in love with this dress!!! How can something so simple look so good? I think the fabric plays a massive part though. Ever since I saw  this chambray version  that Caroline made I have wanted to make a similar one. It just works. My fabric came from  Ray Stitch  when I visited last month. I can't find it on their website but I also can't remember the name so it may sti