Skip to main content

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

{sewing} Finished Coco

The run of bad luck seems to have stopped now. Jolene has been fixed, brought home and even finished the Granville shirt - except for the buttons. Phew!
Pelo visto a bruxa não está mais à solta por aqui. A Jolene foi concertada, já voltou pra casa e até terminou minha camisa - faltam só os botões.

And I have a new dress to show off! I finished it a few weeks ago but today is the first time I've worn it. It's one of those "secret pyjama" outfits and I really love it. Not to mention that it makes me look way more dressed up than my usual choice. A bonus of sewing my own clothes: what's the point in making scruffy stuff?
Melhor ainda, agora tenho um vestido pra mostrar! Terminei faz um tempinho mas só estreei hoje. É um desses pijamas em disfarce e uma delícia de usar. Sem contar que me sinto muito mais arrumada com ele do que minhas opções do dia-a-dia. Uma vantagem de costurar minhas próprias roupas: pra que perder tempo fazendo roupa relaxada?


Please, don't mind the wrinkling I've got going on. I had been wearing it for a while - waiting for the rain to stop - when we went out to take these pictures. Real life, people!
Não reparem nas rugas. Já estava usando o vestido há um tempo - esperando a chuva parar - quando conseguimos sair pra tirar as fotos.

Anyway, back to the dress. Yes, yes, it is yet another Tilly and the Buttons pattern. I can't help it if the woman is a genius! This one is - I believe - her best selling pattern, the Coco dress. This is my first go at it and I'm very happy with the result.
De volta ao vestido. Sim, sim, é mais um molde da Tilly and the Buttons. Não tenho culpa se a mulher é brilhante! Acredito que esse molde seja o bestseller dela, é o vestido Coco. Essa foi minha primeira tentativa e fiquei muito feliz com o resultado.
Cutting and sewing it up was all done in one stint, on a Sunday afternoon. It was super easy to make and I'll definitely make it again. Instructions were, as always, fabulous. Though it's such an easy project that even I didn't really look at them.
Cortei e costurei em uma tarde. Foi muito fácil de fazer e tenho certeza que farei outros. As instruções são excelentes mas quase não precisei consultá-las. 

I really love the funnel neck. Well, in my opinion, collars always make any item of clothing look finished and well made - except for the botched collar on my Granville but that's for another day.
Essa gola é uma graça. Bom, na minha opinião, qualquer gola dá um toque especial no acabamento final de qualquer decote - com exceção da minha Granville, mas isso é choradeira pra outro dia.

The fabric is from Fabworks and is the same as my second Moneta. I believe it is a double knit but don't quote me on that. It's quite thick but not overly and very easy to work with. I can't believe I've made myself a pink dress! I don't think I've ever had any pink item of clothing. Ever. My sister will be so proud...
O tecido é da Fabworks e é o mesmo do meu segundo Moneta. Não sei o nome em Português mas acho que é um double knit. Pra variar, não tenho certeza. É bem grossinho e super fácil de cortar, costurar e passar. Só não creio que escolhi fazer um vestido cor de rosa pra mim! Acho que nunca na vida tive nada cor de rosa. Minha irmã vai ficar tão orgulhosa...



It's unbelievably comfy to wear and I can't wait to make more. I think I might go for a top version next time.
Muito confortável de usar e não vejo a hora de fazer o próximo. Acho que vou tentar a versão camiseta, mas talvez manterei a gola.

And here is a goofy shot to end with: I was pulling a face while waiting for him to sort out the settings and Ginner took a photo. He then looked at it and said "You look like an 80-year old!" This was my reaction. Needless to say, the 80-year old shot did not make the cut.
E aqui uma foto engraçada pra terminar: estava fazendo caretas enquanto o Andrew acertava as configurações na câmera e ele bateu uma foto. Quando ele olhou, disse: "Parece que você tem uns 80 anos nessa foto!" Essa foi a minha reação. Nem preciso dizer que a foto da senhora de 80 anos não passou o teste.


Popular posts from this blog

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

{Friday Pattern Company} Sagebrush Top

I know I said I didn't think I could be bothered to get the blog going again but this top came into my life and I love it too much not to ramble on about it for longer than I should... Meet the Sagebrush top from Friday Pattern Company. Isn't it brilliant? I never thought I was a ruffle and puffy sleeve kind of person, but maybe I am because I bloody love this! It was another buddy sew with Mel, but this time not only did we make the same pattern, we used the same fabric as well. We fell in love with a few yellow versions we saw on Instagram and when Mel found this fabric , we had to. 🤷‍♀️ The fabric was a joy to sew and is great to wear. It's perfect for this top: it has fluidity and drape but it's still got some body to cope with all that volume. There is a lovely slubby texture to it, too, which I really like. The instructions are really clear. The pattern is of very simple construction and a very good option for beginners. But it's also an enjoyable project fo

{Tilly and the Buttons} The Indigo smock dress

When the  Indigo dress came out I wasn't bothered. I had just bought the  I AM Cassiopée  and didn't think I'd need another smock style dress in my life. I wasn't even sure if the shape was for me at that point. I have since made the Cassiopée twice and I wear them a lot. I still wasn't convinced I needed another pattern that was so similar though. But then,  Fabricate  had a party to launch their new shop location and I wanted to attend. Obviously, I'm still on a fabric buying ban until January and couldn't buy any fabric so I bought an Indigo pattern that night instead. I am so in love with this dress!!! How can something so simple look so good? I think the fabric plays a massive part though. Ever since I saw  this chambray version  that Caroline made I have wanted to make a similar one. It just works. My fabric came from  Ray Stitch  when I visited last month. I can't find it on their website but I also can't remember the name so it may sti