Skip to main content

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

{sewing} I made a dress deemed good enough to wear for a wedding!!!

Yes, I did! I only decided that I'd like to make a dress to wear for the wedding about a month before... I know, very silly. But I did it! And it worked! And I love it! Just look at it! Is this enough exclamation marks?
Pois é, resolvi que queria fazer meu próprio vestido só um mês antes do casamento... Eu sei, muito ingênua. Mas eu fiz! E deu certo! E adorei o resultado! E olha como ficou lindo! Será que já deu nas exclamações?
The pattern is Simplicity 1458, from their Amazing Fit series. This was my second version of this pattern - see? I'm not THAT crazy! - and I thought it does what it says on the proverbial tin, or envelope. Other than the regular nested sizes we always get, it has 3 different body types that you have to choose from, plus 4 cup sizes, I believe. So it would be hard for it not to fit someone properly.
O molde é o Simplicity 1458, da série Amazing Fit. Essa é minha segunda versão dele - viu? Não sou tão louca assim! - e achei o corte e caimento dele incrível mesmo. Além dos tamanhos que normalmente vêm nos moldes, esse também tem 3 tipos de corpo e 4 tamanhos de busto para você escolher. Fica meio difícil não achar um no qual você se encaixe.
There is a whole process before choosing your body shape and even your cup size though. You take some extra measurements and enter them into this table, which then gives you the information you need. I for one, think it works. It looks a little wrinkly in some of the photos but that is more a combination of fabric and posture, really.
Você tira umas medidas extras, elas entram numa tabela e usando esses números você descobre todas as informações para decidir seu tipo de corpo e busto. Para mim pelo menos funcionou. Em algumas das fotos parece que está meio enrugado mas é mais a postura e o tecido.
The fabric is a polyester crepe that I loved playing with. Although it didn't press incredibly well and at times it felt as if I was sewing with water! But the pressing thing is most definitely in its favour because it does not need ironing. At all. I mean it. It's unbelievable!
Falando nele, é um crepe de poliéster que eu adorei usar. Se bem que ele não obedeceu meu ferro muito bem e, às vezes, me senti como se estivesse costurando água! Tão escorregadio... Mas o fato de que ele não obedece o ferro significa que ele não amassa. NADA! É um absurdo!
This dress also marks my most succesful concealed zip to date. Just so you know. They just keep coming out better and better every time. Whoddathunk it, eh? Practise does make perfect. Eventually. Hopefully. 
Esse vestido também marca meu melhor zíper invisível até agora. Quem diria, hein? Prática realmente te faz melhorar. Um dia. Espero.
Look at it! Isn't it good? I am very proud of this one. The fabric is very thin and light, so I thought it would be best to stick some interfacing to both sides of the zip. I don't know how much of a difference it did or didn't make but I think it looks good.
Não ficou legal? Estou muito orgulhosa. O tecido é super fino, então resolvi estabilizar a área antes de atacar o zíper. Não sei se fez diferença mas pelo menos ficou bom.
Bonus shot of me and my little prince, with a bowtie that I made for him especially. Also, I'd like to add that although they were a pain the arse, princess seams are amazing! I want princess seams on everything now.
Uma foto extra com o meu príncipe usando a gravata borboleta que fiz pra ele. E só pra constar, corte princesa foi um pé no saco de fazer mas fica sensacional! Quero fazer tudo com corte princesa de agora em diante.
Just what exactly is going on with my hand? Doesn't that look weird?!
And even though I HATE this photo (I was slightly worse for wear by this point... Damn, the free wine!) I like to show off how nicely it fits around my bummy-bum-bum.
Another success story to put under my belt and long may it continue!
Detestei essa foto (já estava mais pra lá do que pra cá... Maldito seja o vinho grátis!) mas quero mostrar como o caimento ficou bom na região traseira.
Mais uma história de sucesso pra adicionar ao meu arsenal e que continue assim!

Popular posts from this blog

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

{Friday Pattern Company} Sagebrush Top

I know I said I didn't think I could be bothered to get the blog going again but this top came into my life and I love it too much not to ramble on about it for longer than I should... Meet the Sagebrush top from Friday Pattern Company. Isn't it brilliant? I never thought I was a ruffle and puffy sleeve kind of person, but maybe I am because I bloody love this! It was another buddy sew with Mel, but this time not only did we make the same pattern, we used the same fabric as well. We fell in love with a few yellow versions we saw on Instagram and when Mel found this fabric , we had to. 🤷‍♀️ The fabric was a joy to sew and is great to wear. It's perfect for this top: it has fluidity and drape but it's still got some body to cope with all that volume. There is a lovely slubby texture to it, too, which I really like. The instructions are really clear. The pattern is of very simple construction and a very good option for beginners. But it's also an enjoyable project fo

{Tilly and the Buttons} The Indigo smock dress

When the  Indigo dress came out I wasn't bothered. I had just bought the  I AM Cassiopée  and didn't think I'd need another smock style dress in my life. I wasn't even sure if the shape was for me at that point. I have since made the Cassiopée twice and I wear them a lot. I still wasn't convinced I needed another pattern that was so similar though. But then,  Fabricate  had a party to launch their new shop location and I wanted to attend. Obviously, I'm still on a fabric buying ban until January and couldn't buy any fabric so I bought an Indigo pattern that night instead. I am so in love with this dress!!! How can something so simple look so good? I think the fabric plays a massive part though. Ever since I saw  this chambray version  that Caroline made I have wanted to make a similar one. It just works. My fabric came from  Ray Stitch  when I visited last month. I can't find it on their website but I also can't remember the name so it may sti