Skip to main content

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

A little bit of variety

Yes, three crafts in one post! Which means elenty-billion pictures...
Sim, hoje temos três formas de artesanato em um post só. O que resulta em trocentas fotos...
Three in one!
First things first: knitting. I've started another KAL hosted by Sarah at Crafts from the Cwtch. We've had to pick a pattern by Boo Knits to make. I picked Dragonfly Wings which seems really easy until you reach the more complicated lacey border. But as lace goes, it's still a pretty easy pattern - and so beautiful!
Primeiramente, tricô. Comecei outro KAL organizado pela Sarah do Crafts from the Cwtch. Tivemos que escolher um dos projetos da Boo Knits. Escolhi o Dragonfly Wings que me pareceu razoavelmente fácil até a borda. E mesmo assim, com tricô 'rendado' as coisas poderiam ser muito piores - fora que ele é lindo.
Dragonfly Wings
This is my progress until the end of last week. It's so hot at the moment that I haven't been able to bring myself to even look at this let alone work on it. It is officially too hot to knit. Very humid, too. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I just can't believe we've had this wonderful weather for two continuous weeks and it's set to stay a little longer. Oh, please stay forever! I would sacrifice my knitting for this red hot sunshine.
Esse foi meu progresso até a semana passada. Mas está tão quente por essas bandas no momento que só de pensar em tricotar me dá vontade de chorar. Quente demais pra fazer tricô. Húmido também. Não me entenda mal, não estou reclamando. Sacrifico meu tricô por um tempo desses sem problemas. Não vai durar mesmo. Não acredito que já tenha durado duas semanas, pra ser sincera.

Next up, I have these cuties. Em seguida, essas fofuras.

Hexies!
Aren't they cute? I've picked those colours because I want them in our conservatory and I want it all pinks/reds and turquoise/blues. I'm not sure what they're going to be yet. Maybe two little mats for the side tables, maybe a small throw. 
Não são uma graça? Escolhi essas cores porque esse é o esquema de cores que quero no meu jardim de inverno. Ainda não sei o que eles querem se tornar. Talvez dois descansos de vaso para as minhas mesas de canto, talvez uma mantinha.
More hexies
I don't know. I don't have to decide yet, do I? Can I just keep whipping them out? Ok then.
Não sei. Não tenho que decidir agora, né? Posso continuar só fazendo mais? Então tá bom.

Lastly, I have a bit of sewing to show off. It's a pouch I made for my MIL to match the elephant tote I gave her on her birthday.
E pra finalizar, um projeto de costura. Uma bolsa/estojo que eu fiz para a minha sogra, para combinar com a bolsa de elefante que eu fiz pra ela de aniversário.
MIL's zipper pouch
I intended to leave it flat but it looks so much cuter like this. I'm glad I 'boxed' it.
Minha intenção era deixá-la achatada mas acho muito mais fofo com os cantos elevados.
Before boxing
Here's a bit of an arty-farty shot. I have to say I don't remember my topstitching looking this tidy! Well done, me.
Tentativa de foto profissa. Olha só como esses meus pontos estão perfeitos. Não lembro disso, não!
Holy topstitching, Batman!
I made it with a lining but I still haven't figured out how I should have gone about the boxing bit so that there are no raw edges inside. But there are only a couple, right in the corners so I won't fret too much over it. I'll get there one day. My first knitting was dire as well and it only got better with practise.
Eu coloquei um forro mas ainda não consegui resolver como esconder as bordas esfiapadas quando se faz os cantos como eu fiz aqui. No entanto, os fiapos só se encontram no cantinhos e ninguém vai reparar. Um dia eu chego à perfeição...
Not too shabby!
Phew! After this mammoth post I will love you and leave you to go outside and enjoy the too-good-to-be-true sunshine and heat. And as a treat for sticking with me to the end, here is a little dachshund cuteness. I mean, you just can't have too much of that...
Ufa! Depois desse post gigantesco, vou é aproveitar o sol e esse calor bom demais pra ser verdade que estamos tendo aqui. E como recompensa por persistir até o final, aqui está um pouco de fofura canina. Porque essa fofura nunca é demais... Minha marmota preferida!
Too. Hot. To. Move.

Popular posts from this blog

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

{Friday Pattern Company} Sagebrush Top

I know I said I didn't think I could be bothered to get the blog going again but this top came into my life and I love it too much not to ramble on about it for longer than I should... Meet the Sagebrush top from Friday Pattern Company. Isn't it brilliant? I never thought I was a ruffle and puffy sleeve kind of person, but maybe I am because I bloody love this! It was another buddy sew with Mel, but this time not only did we make the same pattern, we used the same fabric as well. We fell in love with a few yellow versions we saw on Instagram and when Mel found this fabric , we had to. 🤷‍♀️ The fabric was a joy to sew and is great to wear. It's perfect for this top: it has fluidity and drape but it's still got some body to cope with all that volume. There is a lovely slubby texture to it, too, which I really like. The instructions are really clear. The pattern is of very simple construction and a very good option for beginners. But it's also an enjoyable project fo

{Tilly and the Buttons} The Indigo smock dress

When the  Indigo dress came out I wasn't bothered. I had just bought the  I AM Cassiopée  and didn't think I'd need another smock style dress in my life. I wasn't even sure if the shape was for me at that point. I have since made the Cassiopée twice and I wear them a lot. I still wasn't convinced I needed another pattern that was so similar though. But then,  Fabricate  had a party to launch their new shop location and I wanted to attend. Obviously, I'm still on a fabric buying ban until January and couldn't buy any fabric so I bought an Indigo pattern that night instead. I am so in love with this dress!!! How can something so simple look so good? I think the fabric plays a massive part though. Ever since I saw  this chambray version  that Caroline made I have wanted to make a similar one. It just works. My fabric came from  Ray Stitch  when I visited last month. I can't find it on their website but I also can't remember the name so it may sti