Skip to main content

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

A broken deal, more socks and the best garlic bread ever!

So yesterday was ma boy's birthday. Ugh! Last year we made a deal that he was going to stay at 5. We shook on it and everything! But this year, whaddya know??? Well, it didn't happen. This happened instead.
Ontem foi aniversário do meu pequeno. Ugh! No ano passado nós concordamos que ele ia parar nos 5 anos. Apertamos mãos e tudo! Mas esse ano, adivinha? O acordo foi pro brejo e foi isso o que aconteceu...
Birthday buns

Meanwhile, I'm making some slow progress on my WIPs (works in progress). I have another sock on the needles.
Enquanto isso, vou fazendo progresso nos meus WIPs (trabalhos em andamento). Estou com outra meia nas agulhas.
WIP number 1
I started these 347 years ago. The first one is already finished. It's a very intricate design - as are most of Cookie A's designs - so it is very time consuming.
Comecei esse par há 347 anos. A primeira já está terminada. É um projeto super complexo - como a maioria dos modelos da Cookie A - portanto vai indo mas demoradamente.
WIP number 1 + badass chart
It is most definitely worth the faffing though. The socks will look amazing when they're done! Look at that chart. It does funny things to my eyes staring at it for too long... 
Mas vale muito a pena essa pentelhação toda. As meias vão ficar lindas! Olha só esse gráfico louco. Meus olhos até envesgam se eu olhar demais.
Garlic bread - before
Being His Lordship's birthday means he picks what we eat. As most 6-year olds one of his top favourites is Spag Bol. To go with that, I made the best ever garlic bread which is a recipe (Garlic Bubble Ring) I got out of this book. It's an awesome book, by the way. I use it all the time. This isn't the healthiest of recipes so I only make it occasionally. It's more a recipe for the crust rather than the bread since it says to use a packet of bread mix. A lot of people on Instagram and Facebook asked me for the recipe, so here it is.
Sendo o aniversário da Vossa Senhoria é ele quem escolhe nossa janta. Como todo bom moleque de 6 anos, um dos seus favoritos é o Espaguete a Bolonhesa. Pra acompanhar, eu fiz o melhor pão de alho do mundo que é uma receita que eu tirei desse livro. É um ótimo livro, aliás. Uso direto. Não é a coisa mais saudável do mundo então eu só faço de vez em quando. A receita é mais para a crosta do pão porque eu usei pacote de mistura para pão caseiro. Muita gente no Instagram e no Facebook pediu a receita, então aqui está.
Garlic Bread - after
The book says to use a 500g packet but that yields a LOT of bread. So much so, I made 2 loaves but dropped one of them off at a friend's house. There are 2 adults and two smallish children here and we had a tiny bit left so it can easily be halved which is what the pictures show.
O livro diz pra usar um pacote de 500g de mistura para pão mas isso é um pão enorme. Tanto que as fotos mostram só um dos DOIS pães que eu fiz. O outro, levei pra uma amiga. Aqui somos em 2 adultos e duas crianças e ainda sobrou um pedacinho. Ou seja, dá pra rachar e fazer só metade tranquilamente.

Make the bread mix according to packet instructions. Then, cut it into as many pieces as you think necessary and roll them into balls. My version was made with 16, 8 for each loaf. Now make the crust:
Faça a massa do pão seguindo as instruções do pacote. Corte em quantos pedaços forem necessários e enrole. Minha versão usou 16, 8 pra cada pão. Agora vem a crosta:
Melt 100g butter - I told you it wasn't the healthiest!
Derreta 100g de manteiga - não falei que não era saudável?
Mix that with a beaten egg.
Misture a manteiga com um ovo batido.
Add 30g grated parmesan, 1 tsp oregano (or mixed herbs) and 2 crushed garlic cloves.
Adicione 30g de queijo parmesão ralado, 1 colher de chá de orégano (ou ervas mistas) e 2 dentes de alho amassados.
Now you dip each of your dough balls into the butter-garlic mixture and place it in the tin you will be using. If you have left overs, pour it over the loaf.
Agora mergulhe cada bola de massa na mistura de manteiga e coloque na sua fôrma. Se sobrar um pouco, derrame o que sobrou por cima.
Cover it with cling film and place it somewhere warm to rise until it's roughly doubled in size. I usually let my oven warm up just a little bit and put it in there for around 30min.
Cubra com filme plástico e coloque num lugar aquecido pra crescer até dobrar de tamanho. Eu geralmente esquento o forno de leve e deixo ali durante uma meia hora.
And... Eat!
I bake at 180°C for half an hour. My oven is an electric fan oven, different ovens might need a slightly higher temperature or a little bit more time or both. When it's ready it'll look golden brown and if you knock the top of it with your nail it should sound like you're knocking on something hollow. Give it a few minutes to cool and enjoy it!
Eu assei o meu a 180°C por meia hora. Meu forno é elétrico e com ventilador. Fornos diferentes podem precisar de uma temperatura mais alta ou mais tempo no forno ou os dois. Quando estiver pronto, o pão vai estar bem dourado e se você bater de leve nele com a unha vai parecer que você está batendo num objeto oco. Deixe esfriar durante alguns minutos e bom apetite!

It does get very stuck (don't you love eggs?) so I suggest greasing the tin well. I use this so if you have some you won't have to. And I highly recommend all their stoneware range but that's a whole other story...
A crosta gruda muito (ovos são uma beleza!) então sugiro untar BEM a fôrma antes de usar. Eu uso essa aqui, se você também tem uma não precisa untar. Recomendo MUITO essa linha mas isso já é outra história...


Popular posts from this blog

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

{Friday Pattern Company} Sagebrush Top

I know I said I didn't think I could be bothered to get the blog going again but this top came into my life and I love it too much not to ramble on about it for longer than I should... Meet the Sagebrush top from Friday Pattern Company. Isn't it brilliant? I never thought I was a ruffle and puffy sleeve kind of person, but maybe I am because I bloody love this! It was another buddy sew with Mel, but this time not only did we make the same pattern, we used the same fabric as well. We fell in love with a few yellow versions we saw on Instagram and when Mel found this fabric , we had to. 🤷‍♀️ The fabric was a joy to sew and is great to wear. It's perfect for this top: it has fluidity and drape but it's still got some body to cope with all that volume. There is a lovely slubby texture to it, too, which I really like. The instructions are really clear. The pattern is of very simple construction and a very good option for beginners. But it's also an enjoyable project fo

{Tilly and the Buttons} The Indigo smock dress

When the  Indigo dress came out I wasn't bothered. I had just bought the  I AM Cassiopée  and didn't think I'd need another smock style dress in my life. I wasn't even sure if the shape was for me at that point. I have since made the Cassiopée twice and I wear them a lot. I still wasn't convinced I needed another pattern that was so similar though. But then,  Fabricate  had a party to launch their new shop location and I wanted to attend. Obviously, I'm still on a fabric buying ban until January and couldn't buy any fabric so I bought an Indigo pattern that night instead. I am so in love with this dress!!! How can something so simple look so good? I think the fabric plays a massive part though. Ever since I saw  this chambray version  that Caroline made I have wanted to make a similar one. It just works. My fabric came from  Ray Stitch  when I visited last month. I can't find it on their website but I also can't remember the name so it may sti