Skip to main content

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

FO: Butterflies are free by Rose Hiver

Today is an FO day. I finished the socks! Go, me! I actually finished knitting them on Sunday but only got round to taking pictures yesterday. I am far too excited about these so there's a bucket load of photos.
Hoje é dia de FO (finished object - objeto terminado). Terminei as meias! Wahey! Na verdade eu terminei domingo à noite mas só deu pra tirar fotos ontem. Estou contentíssima com elas o que explica a montanha de fotos.

Butterflies are free

So as I've mentioned before, these were made as part of the Knitalong that Sarah has been running for the past few weeks. Butterflies are Free is the work of designer Rose Hiver. This is the first time I've knitted one of her patterns but let me tell you, it won't be the last. The woman is a genius! I mean, just go and have a look at her designs. Right now! I'll wait.
Como eu já mencionei, essas meias são o resultado da Knitalong que a Sarah começou no fim de Janeiro. Butterflies are Free (Borboletas são Livres) é uma receita da Rose Hiver  Essa foi a primeira vez que eu usei uma receita dela mas não será a última. Ela é um gênio! Clica no link com o nome dela e dá uma olhada. Agora! Eu espero.
Butterflies are free
Now that you've had a little look: isn't she unbelievable? And did you notice that a lot - if not all - of them are F-R-E-E??? The instructions were well written and easy to understand. The chart was perfect. The one thing I wasn't crazy about was the heel. I'll stick with my go-to slip stitch next time. But that's a minor thing and very much down to personal preference anyway. And I also think it would have been better if the diagonals matched from panel to panel. However, it's a free pattern and I'm sure if they don't match up is because there was probably no way of making them do so. Again, it's only a very minor detail.
E então, ela não é super talentosa? E o melhor é que a maioria - se não todas - elas são G-R-Á-T-I-S! Instruções bem escritas e fáceis de seguir. O gráfico, perfeito. A única coisa que eu teria mudado é o calcanhar. Prefiro o meu ponto 'slip stich'. Mas isso é de menos e é preferência minha. Também seria melhor se as linhas diagonais correspondessem de um painel a outro. Porém, a receita é gratuita e tenho certeza que isso aconteceu porque não teve como evitar. Outro detalhe de menos.
Butterflies are free
As it is often the case, this time the knitting gods had it in for me! I knitted the first sock in about 4 days and I was loving it - and I was probably being a little smug. First colourwork sock, everything was going great, the fit was perfect, I'd made no mistakes, I'd memorised the pattern. The knitting gods decided I was being a little too smug and needed to be brought down a peg or two. So they brought me down about 14 sodding pegs, didn't they?
Como frequentemente acontece, dessa vez os deuses do Tricô estavam contra mim! Terminei a primeira meia em 4 dias e estava adorando - talvez um pouco presunçosa. Primeiras meias em fair isle, tudo indo bem, tamanho perfeito, sem erros, gráfico memorizado. Os tais deuses decidiram que a presunção estava em excesso e resolveram me fazer quebrar a cara!
Butterflies are Free
I finished the second leg in record time again. As I was getting ready to start setting up for the heel flap, what did I notice? You see how the design is mirrored on the socks? The butterflies are on the outside of the feet (or inside, if you wish to swap them). Yes, there are two different charts and Smuggy Smuggerson over here just knitted the first one again without thinking. I could have cried! But I'm over it now and you see it's all worked out in the end. I'm still bitter I just don't want to talk about it anymore.
Terminei a segunda 'perna' em tempo recorde novamente. Quando estava me preparando pra começar o calcanhar, pra meu horror, notei meu erro. O desenho é espelhado. As borboletas ficam no lado interno ou externo dos dois pés, dependendo da preferência. Sim, a receita tem dois gráficos invertidos e a pamonha aqui tricotou o mesmo duas vezes, sem pensar. Quase chorei! Mas agora já passou e tudo se resolveu. Ainda estou muito amargurada e agora quero mudar de assunto.
Butterflies are Free
The yarns I used were Cygnet Wool Rich 4-ply (cream) and Zauberball for the colour changing one. I liked working with them. I'm almost very impressed that both socks accidentally almost match. I don't care about matching socks but it is nice that they do nonetheless. And now for the pièce de résistance...
Os fios que eu usei foram o Cygnet Wool Rich 4-ply (creme) e o Zauberball que é a que muda de cor. Gostei muito dos dois. Também fiquei impressionada que as duas meias são quase iguais por acidente. Eu não ligo pra meias idênticas quando são feitas à mão, mas é legal que essas são quase gêmeas. E agora, a maior atração...
Gussett detail
How cool is that?! The pattern has the gusset decreases done on the sole. I had never done it like this and I think it's a rather nice touch. It doesn't feel any different as far the fit is concerned, not to me anyway. It might be a little tricky if you have a high instep maybe. I almost wish my feet were bigger so I could have had more decreases in order for the stripes to blend more times. But hey, ho! There is already a shoe size between them so let's not ask for more trouble...
Não é super legal? Não sei como fala gusset em Português, procurei e achei como entretela. Bom, em vez de ser dos lados do pé, os pontos são reduzidos na sola! Pra mim não faz diferença no uso mas pessoas com o peito do pé mais alto talvez possam ter problemas. Quase quis que meus pés fossem mais longos pra ter mais listras desaparecendo. Fazer o quê? Já basta que um é 36 e o outro é 37. Chega de problemas!

See, lots of pictures. Thank you for sticking with me this far - I hope somebody might!
Não disse, muitas fotos. Obrigada por ainda estar comigo - pelo menos espero que alguém esteja!

Yarn quantities, needles sizes and more technical stuff can be found on my ravelry page.
Quantidades, agulhas e mais especificações se encontram aqui. 
Butterflies are Free can be downloaded from here.
A receita Butterflies are Free pode ser baixada aqui.

Popular posts from this blog

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

{Friday Pattern Company} Sagebrush Top

I know I said I didn't think I could be bothered to get the blog going again but this top came into my life and I love it too much not to ramble on about it for longer than I should... Meet the Sagebrush top from Friday Pattern Company. Isn't it brilliant? I never thought I was a ruffle and puffy sleeve kind of person, but maybe I am because I bloody love this! It was another buddy sew with Mel, but this time not only did we make the same pattern, we used the same fabric as well. We fell in love with a few yellow versions we saw on Instagram and when Mel found this fabric , we had to. 🤷‍♀️ The fabric was a joy to sew and is great to wear. It's perfect for this top: it has fluidity and drape but it's still got some body to cope with all that volume. There is a lovely slubby texture to it, too, which I really like. The instructions are really clear. The pattern is of very simple construction and a very good option for beginners. But it's also an enjoyable project fo

{Tilly and the Buttons} The Indigo smock dress

When the  Indigo dress came out I wasn't bothered. I had just bought the  I AM Cassiopée  and didn't think I'd need another smock style dress in my life. I wasn't even sure if the shape was for me at that point. I have since made the Cassiopée twice and I wear them a lot. I still wasn't convinced I needed another pattern that was so similar though. But then,  Fabricate  had a party to launch their new shop location and I wanted to attend. Obviously, I'm still on a fabric buying ban until January and couldn't buy any fabric so I bought an Indigo pattern that night instead. I am so in love with this dress!!! How can something so simple look so good? I think the fabric plays a massive part though. Ever since I saw  this chambray version  that Caroline made I have wanted to make a similar one. It just works. My fabric came from  Ray Stitch  when I visited last month. I can't find it on their website but I also can't remember the name so it may sti