Skip to main content

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

FO: Idlewood

Today I can show off my brand spanking new Idlewood.
Hoje eu venho exibir meu novíssimo Idlewood.

Idlewood

I knit this in about 10 evenings over Christmas and New Year. It went incredibly fast and after the last two projects I needed something mind-numbingly easy, with no chart reading involved!
Eu teci essa peça em mais ou menos 10 noites durante o Natal e Ano Novo. Foi incrivelmente rápido e depois dos meus últimos projetos eu precisava de algo que não precisasse prestar muita atenção e sem gráficos!
Idlewood
I loved this pattern. Well, I love all patterns by Cecily Glowik MacDonald. They are all very well written and the explanations are crystal clear. Plus, all her designs are very feminine but not sugary girly - if that makes sense to anyone else but me.
Eu gostei demais desse projeto. Eu gosto de todos os projetos da Cecily Glowik MacDonald. Eles são muito bem escritos e as explicações são excelentes. Melhor ainda: as peças dela são super femininas mas não açucaradas demais - se isso fizer sentido pra mais alguém.
Idlewood, patch pocket detail
The elected yarn is, once again, Lima by Rowan, an aran weight that instead of being spun, is chained.  Because of all the alpaca content, it drapes beautifully, especially where the cowl neck is concerned. It is also very warm. We went out to take the pictures today and, although I had a jacket with me I didn't feel the need to put it on. My hands were a bit cold at times but the pockets worked like little bags of warm air every time I needed them. I was so impressed I made my husband put his hands in one as well.
A linha escolhida novamente foi a Lima da Rowan, espessura 'aran' (20 pontos = 10cm com agulha 5.5mm) mas ao invés de ser fiada, ela é uma corrente de crochê. Por causa do conteúdo de alpaca, o tecido tem um caimento ótimo, principalmente no pescoço. Ela também é super quentinha. Quando saímos pra tirar as fotos hoje eu nem precisei de casaco e os bolsos funcionaram como câmaras de ar quente. Adorei tanto que fiz até o marido colocar a mão pra conferir.
Researching how to sew the pockets on
It was my first time knitting something with any kind of pocket and I was a bit scared of sewing them on - I'm not very good at that. However, it went surprisingly easy and it completely changed the look of the tunic. However, I must point out that trying to sew knitted pockets, made of fuzzy, dark brown yarn, on very dull and dark day was probably not one of my brightest moments...
Foi minha primeira vez fazendo uma peça com bolsos e eu estava meio apreensiva quando tive que costurá-los. No fim das contas, acabou send muito mais fácil do que eu esperava e mudou completamente a cara da túnica. No entanto, costurar dois bolsos feitos de lã escura e cabeluda, num dia chuvoso e sem sol não foi um dos meus melhores momentos...
Idlewood cowl neck
And check out the bonus: the cowl neck doubles up as a hoodie!
E olha só: a gola dobra de capuz!

The Idlewood pattern can be purchased here and details for the yardage and needle size I used can be found here.
A receita do Idlewood pode ser comprada aqui e os detalhes sobre quantidade de lã e as agulhas que eu usei estão aqui.

Popular posts from this blog

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

{Friday Pattern Company} Sagebrush Top

I know I said I didn't think I could be bothered to get the blog going again but this top came into my life and I love it too much not to ramble on about it for longer than I should... Meet the Sagebrush top from Friday Pattern Company. Isn't it brilliant? I never thought I was a ruffle and puffy sleeve kind of person, but maybe I am because I bloody love this! It was another buddy sew with Mel, but this time not only did we make the same pattern, we used the same fabric as well. We fell in love with a few yellow versions we saw on Instagram and when Mel found this fabric , we had to. 🤷‍♀️ The fabric was a joy to sew and is great to wear. It's perfect for this top: it has fluidity and drape but it's still got some body to cope with all that volume. There is a lovely slubby texture to it, too, which I really like. The instructions are really clear. The pattern is of very simple construction and a very good option for beginners. But it's also an enjoyable project fo

{Tilly and the Buttons} The Indigo smock dress

When the  Indigo dress came out I wasn't bothered. I had just bought the  I AM Cassiopée  and didn't think I'd need another smock style dress in my life. I wasn't even sure if the shape was for me at that point. I have since made the Cassiopée twice and I wear them a lot. I still wasn't convinced I needed another pattern that was so similar though. But then,  Fabricate  had a party to launch their new shop location and I wanted to attend. Obviously, I'm still on a fabric buying ban until January and couldn't buy any fabric so I bought an Indigo pattern that night instead. I am so in love with this dress!!! How can something so simple look so good? I think the fabric plays a massive part though. Ever since I saw  this chambray version  that Caroline made I have wanted to make a similar one. It just works. My fabric came from  Ray Stitch  when I visited last month. I can't find it on their website but I also can't remember the name so it may sti