Skip to main content

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

FO: Brattleboro Hat

Since I first saw the Brattleboro Hat pattern, by Melissa LaBarre, in the Fall 2011 issue of Interweave Knits I knew I wanted to make it. It's actually part of the book New England Knits which I'm now asking myself why I've never got round to buying.
Desde a primeira vez que eu vi fotos do Brattleboro Hat, da Melissa LaBarre, no volume Fall 2011 da Interweave Knits, eu sabia que ia acabar fazendo um pra mim. Ele é parte do livro New England Knits que agora estou tentando lembrar porque eu ainda não comprei. 

Back to the hat, I'd seen on loads of project pages from other ravellers that it could be done with just half a skein of Malabrigo Merino Worsted. I had 54g left after knitting Nina a Koolhaas so I though 'Why not?'
De volta ao gorro, eu vi em várias páginas de projetos no ravelry que dava pra fazer um só com meio novelo de Malabrigo Merino Worsted. Eu tinha 54g sobrando do Koolhaas que eu fiz pra Nina e pensei 'Por que não?'


That thougth came into my head on a Sunday night. I started it straight away and by bedtime the band of ribbing was done. I had to block it the next day so couldn't knit that evening because it was still drying. On the 3rd evening I finished it. Bam! Easy as that!
O pensamento me veio à cabeça num domingo à noite. Comecei em seguida e na hora de ir dormir eu já tinha terminado a 'barra'. Coloquei ela pra 'blocar' (?) no dia seguinte e não pude fazer nada naquela noite porque tive que esperar ela secar. Na terceira noite eu terminei! Pá-pum! Fácil e rápido!
Brattleboro Hat
I used Malabrigo Merino Worsted which despite being absolutely heavenly it must only be used for items which will encounter minimal friction during use/wear. For now, I don't tend to rub my head anywhere on a regular basis so I think it will work out just fine for this hat. The shade is Apple Cinnamon and I don't think I can describe it any better. It is the colour of apple pie filling.
Eu usei a Malabrigo Merino Worsted que, apesar de ser uma delícia, é um inferno pra empipocar, então tem que ser usada pra artigos que sofrerão fricção mínima durante o uso. Como por enquanto eu não tenho costume de ficar esfregando minha cabeça em tudo e regularmente, acho que não vai dar problema. A cor se chama Apple Cinnamon (maçã com canela) e eu acho que é a descrição perfeita. É a mesma cor do recheio de uma torta de maçã. (que vontade de torta de maçã do McDonald's que me deu agora!)
Brattleboro Hat
I am so pleased with this one. I don't think I have another hat that suits me as well as this. A lot of it, in my opinion, has got to do with the awesome buttons from my favourite button shop: Textile Garden. There isn't a direct link for them but they're on this page, second line on the right.
Fiquei muito satisfeita com esse gorro. Me parece o tipo de gorro que serve qualquer pessoa. No que os botões ajudam muito, aliás. São da minha loja de botões favorita: a Textile Garden. Não achei um link direto para eles mas eles estão nesta página, segunda linha, foto da direita.

Button detail
Now there's an awful, uncomfortable and rather awkward front-facing shot of the hat which I hate (because of me, not the hat) but I thought I should include so that not all photos are from the side. Ugh! I have to say I *HATE* posing with a passion! I can't wait for Nina to be big enough to do this for me.
Agora apresento uma foto terrível, desagradável e super desajeitada de frente. É a única foto que não está de lado e quis colocar aqui pra mostrar o gorro de frente também. Eca! Eu *DETESTO* dar uma de modelo! Não vejo a hora da Nina crescer um pouco pra poder fazer isso pra mim.
Awful, awful picture. 
I have another half skein of Malabrigo Merino Worsted shoved in the cupboard and I am fairly certain about what I will be doing with it... What else?
Eu tenho mais uma metade de um novelo de Malabrigo Merino Worsted no armário e eu tenho quase certeza sobre o que eu vou acabar fazendo com ele... O que mais?

Details of yardage and needles used are on my ravelry project page right here
Detalhes sobre quantidades e agulhas usadas podem ser encontrados aqui.

Popular posts from this blog

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

{Friday Pattern Company} Sagebrush Top

I know I said I didn't think I could be bothered to get the blog going again but this top came into my life and I love it too much not to ramble on about it for longer than I should... Meet the Sagebrush top from Friday Pattern Company. Isn't it brilliant? I never thought I was a ruffle and puffy sleeve kind of person, but maybe I am because I bloody love this! It was another buddy sew with Mel, but this time not only did we make the same pattern, we used the same fabric as well. We fell in love with a few yellow versions we saw on Instagram and when Mel found this fabric , we had to. 🤷‍♀️ The fabric was a joy to sew and is great to wear. It's perfect for this top: it has fluidity and drape but it's still got some body to cope with all that volume. There is a lovely slubby texture to it, too, which I really like. The instructions are really clear. The pattern is of very simple construction and a very good option for beginners. But it's also an enjoyable project fo

{Tilly and the Buttons} The Indigo smock dress

When the  Indigo dress came out I wasn't bothered. I had just bought the  I AM Cassiopée  and didn't think I'd need another smock style dress in my life. I wasn't even sure if the shape was for me at that point. I have since made the Cassiopée twice and I wear them a lot. I still wasn't convinced I needed another pattern that was so similar though. But then,  Fabricate  had a party to launch their new shop location and I wanted to attend. Obviously, I'm still on a fabric buying ban until January and couldn't buy any fabric so I bought an Indigo pattern that night instead. I am so in love with this dress!!! How can something so simple look so good? I think the fabric plays a massive part though. Ever since I saw  this chambray version  that Caroline made I have wanted to make a similar one. It just works. My fabric came from  Ray Stitch  when I visited last month. I can't find it on their website but I also can't remember the name so it may sti