Skip to main content

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

{knitting} Stricken Socks by Cookie A

All the way back in November I wrote this post about a sock I was working on. I was zooming through it but then we went to Brasil for 3 weeks and I took no knitting with me... It took a while to get back to my rhythm after the hiatus but I've finally finished it! 
Há um tempo atrás, em Novembro, publiquei esse post sobre uma meia que eu estava tricotando. Estava num passo super rápido com ela mas aí rolou uma interrupção de 3 semanas enquanto estávamos no Brasil... Demorou um tempo para que eu conseguisse voltar ao meu ritmo mas finalmente consegui terminá-la!
Stricken socks
I actually finished knitting it weeks ago but hadn't woven in the ends. Once I did that it was tricky to coincide lighting - which is crap this time of year - with Ginner being at home to assist in the photography department. It is unsurprisingly difficult to take photos of one's feet on one's own. And I do yoga!!!
Na verdade terminei o tricô em si faz semanas mas não tinha escondido os fiapinhos. Daí foi complicado coincidir boa luz - que é péssima essa época do ano - com o marido estando em casa para dar uma assistência no departamento de fotografia. É incrivelmente difícil fotografar seu próprio pé. Quem diria?

Stricken socks
The pattern is Stricken from Cookie A's Knit. Sock. Love. and I made the smallest size. The charts are incredibly intricate but so well put together that it isn't an issue. The instructions are true to form: perfect. I believe these are the most complicated socks I've knitted so far and I am well chuffed with them! Very proud, too.
A receita é a Stricken do livro Knit. Sock. Love. da Cookie A. e eu fiz o tamanho menor. Os gráficos são bem complexos mas tão bem desenvolvidos que não faz diferença. As instruções, como sempre, são perfeitas. Acho que essas são as meias mais complicadas que já tricotei até hoje e estou super contente com elas! Bem orgulhosa, também. 
Stricken socks
Just look at this heel detail! Feel free to enlarge. The rest of the heel flap is just a bog-standard slip stitch.
Olha só o detalhe no calcanhar! Vá em frente e clique a foto para ampliar a imagem.
Stricken socks
The yarn I used was Araucania Ranco 4-ply. I love the mix of rosy corals and purples with yellows and oranges. I've had it in my stash for years and could never decide what I wanted to do with it. I appreciate that such a variegated yarn like this doesn't lend itself to intricate stitch patterns but I don't care. It's still gorgeous. The yarn is lovely to work with and I know it'll last me well: these were made with the same yarn over 5 years ago and I'm still wearing them!
A linha que usei foi a Araucania Ranco 4-ply. Achei linda combinação de tons de rosa, coral e roxo com amarelos e laranjas. Ela estava no meu armário há anos mas eu não conseguia decidir o que fazer com ela. Sei que uma linha tão mesclada não seja das melhores para realçar as tranças e os detalhes mas não me  importo. Ficaram lindas do mesmo jeito. A linha é ótima de tricotar e sei que vai durar bem: essas meias foram feitas com a mesma linha há mais de 5 anos e ainda estão firmes e fortes! 
Stricken socks
Check out all the twists and turns of the stitch pattern! I really, really love it. Isn't mind-blowing?
Olha só todas essas tranças torcendo pra lá e pra cá! Acho que elas ficaram muito legais. 
Stricken socks
And here is an artsy-fartsy shot of them to finish. You know, just because.
E agora uma foto cheia de frescura. Só porque eu quero... 

I don't know when I'll be able to post next. I really hurt my thumb last weekend and it's agony to do a lot of things. Thankfully, I can still knit without any problems! I've started another sock but I don't know when that'll be done...
Não sei quando vou poder postar novamente. Machuquei meu polegar semana passada e tudo que eu faço involvendo o polegar (que é muito mais  coisa do que eu imaginava!) é uma dor infernal. Pelo menos o tricô ainda estou conseguindo fazer sem problemas. Comecei outra meia mas não vou prometer nada por enquanto... 

Popular posts from this blog

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

{Friday Pattern Company} Sagebrush Top

I know I said I didn't think I could be bothered to get the blog going again but this top came into my life and I love it too much not to ramble on about it for longer than I should... Meet the Sagebrush top from Friday Pattern Company. Isn't it brilliant? I never thought I was a ruffle and puffy sleeve kind of person, but maybe I am because I bloody love this! It was another buddy sew with Mel, but this time not only did we make the same pattern, we used the same fabric as well. We fell in love with a few yellow versions we saw on Instagram and when Mel found this fabric , we had to. 🤷‍♀️ The fabric was a joy to sew and is great to wear. It's perfect for this top: it has fluidity and drape but it's still got some body to cope with all that volume. There is a lovely slubby texture to it, too, which I really like. The instructions are really clear. The pattern is of very simple construction and a very good option for beginners. But it's also an enjoyable project fo

{Tilly and the Buttons} The Indigo smock dress

When the  Indigo dress came out I wasn't bothered. I had just bought the  I AM Cassiopée  and didn't think I'd need another smock style dress in my life. I wasn't even sure if the shape was for me at that point. I have since made the Cassiopée twice and I wear them a lot. I still wasn't convinced I needed another pattern that was so similar though. But then,  Fabricate  had a party to launch their new shop location and I wanted to attend. Obviously, I'm still on a fabric buying ban until January and couldn't buy any fabric so I bought an Indigo pattern that night instead. I am so in love with this dress!!! How can something so simple look so good? I think the fabric plays a massive part though. Ever since I saw  this chambray version  that Caroline made I have wanted to make a similar one. It just works. My fabric came from  Ray Stitch  when I visited last month. I can't find it on their website but I also can't remember the name so it may sti