Skip to main content

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

{sewing} The Hawthorne dress by Colette patterns

Hello, again! Happy new year and all that! So, guess what I've learned so far this year? It's a hell of a lot harder than I expected to get back into your old routine after 3 weeks on holiday. Who'da thunk it?! And I haven't even started going through the photos we took of stuff I made to take with me... The good news is that I found these in my laptop that I'd forgotten about. So I'll post them and, in the meantime, I can go through all the new photos and edit them.
Olá outra vez! Feliz ano novo e tudo mais! Então, adivinha o que eu aprendi esse ano? É muito mais difícil do que eu esperava cair de volta na rotina depois de 3 semanas de férias. Quem diria, né? E ainda nem olhei as fotos que tiramos no Brasil das costuras que fiz para levar comigo na viagem. Mas a boa notícia é que achei essas fotos esquecidas no meu laptop. Resolvi postá-las e enquanto isso ganho um tempinho para organizar as fotos novas.
Colette Hawthorne
This is my first Hawthorne by Colette that I made aaaaalllll the way back in JUNE (!) - I know - of last year... It was the first project I made after acquiring my beloved overlocker and I was so proud of it!
Esse é o meu primeiro vestido Hawthorne da Colette que fiz lá em junho (!) - eu sei... - do ano passado. Foi meu primeiro projeto depois de adquirir a overlock e fiquei tão orgulhosa quando terminei!
Colette Hawthorne
The fit is perfect. I love the way it looks and the collar is a bonus - I love a good collar, me. The instructions are excellent, as usual. The fabric is a very lightweight cotton from Fabworks, as always and it was a pleasure to sew with.
Mas também, o caimento é perfeito e eu adoro o estilo dele. E gola! Affff! Como eu adoro uma gola. As instruções são excelentes, como sempre. O tecido é um algodão bem levinho da Fabworks, como de costume e adorei costurar com ele.
Colette Hawthorne

The instructions ask you to sew a hook and eye at waist level, to help with possible gaping but, I couldn't be arsed as it turned out, I didn't need it. I'd definitely make it again and I've had loads of wear out of it so far. 
As instruções dizem pra costurar um colchete na cintura, pra ajudar a manter essa parte discreta mas, estava sem saco no fim das contas, acabei não precisando. Sem dúvida vou fazer outras versões e já usei ele muito desde então.
Colette Hawthorne
I'll let you in on a little secret though: I *have* made it again... But you'll have to wait a little while for that one to turn up around here.
E deixa eu contar um segredo: já fiz outra versão... Mas você vai ter que esperar um pouquinho até ela aparecer por aqui.

Popular posts from this blog

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

{Friday Pattern Company} Sagebrush Top

I know I said I didn't think I could be bothered to get the blog going again but this top came into my life and I love it too much not to ramble on about it for longer than I should... Meet the Sagebrush top from Friday Pattern Company. Isn't it brilliant? I never thought I was a ruffle and puffy sleeve kind of person, but maybe I am because I bloody love this! It was another buddy sew with Mel, but this time not only did we make the same pattern, we used the same fabric as well. We fell in love with a few yellow versions we saw on Instagram and when Mel found this fabric , we had to. 🤷‍♀️ The fabric was a joy to sew and is great to wear. It's perfect for this top: it has fluidity and drape but it's still got some body to cope with all that volume. There is a lovely slubby texture to it, too, which I really like. The instructions are really clear. The pattern is of very simple construction and a very good option for beginners. But it's also an enjoyable project fo

{Tilly and the Buttons} The Indigo smock dress

When the  Indigo dress came out I wasn't bothered. I had just bought the  I AM Cassiopée  and didn't think I'd need another smock style dress in my life. I wasn't even sure if the shape was for me at that point. I have since made the Cassiopée twice and I wear them a lot. I still wasn't convinced I needed another pattern that was so similar though. But then,  Fabricate  had a party to launch their new shop location and I wanted to attend. Obviously, I'm still on a fabric buying ban until January and couldn't buy any fabric so I bought an Indigo pattern that night instead. I am so in love with this dress!!! How can something so simple look so good? I think the fabric plays a massive part though. Ever since I saw  this chambray version  that Caroline made I have wanted to make a similar one. It just works. My fabric came from  Ray Stitch  when I visited last month. I can't find it on their website but I also can't remember the name so it may sti