Skip to main content

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

{sewing} Moneta the II

Today I'm going to show off my second Moneta dress by Colette Patterns! I personally love it. It looks great and it feels like I'm wearing pyjamas while being socially acceptable to wear it outside the house!
Hoje eu vou exibir meu segundo vestido Moneta da Colette Patterns! Eu adoro esse vestido. Ele é uma graça e tão confortável quanto pijamas, mas sem os olhares tortos que usar pijama na rua instigaria.
Moneta II (1)

A few months ago Pre overlocker, I was terrified of sewing with stretchy knit fabrics. Now I can't get enough of them! As I said, this is my second version after I've worn my first one to death.
Há um tempo atrás Antes da overlock, eu tinha pavor de costurar malha, mas hoje em dia a história é totalmente diferente. Como já disse, essa é minha segunda versão pois gosto demais do primeiro que fiz.
I made version 3 - ¾ length sleeves and the original collar. I love this pattern. It's so easy to put together! The only thing I don't like is the way the instructions tell you to attach the bodice to the skirt. You're supposed to stretch a really narrow clear elastic into oblivion as you gather the skirt at the same time. I tried it that way the first time and I could've cried. It was horrendous to do and it look even more horrendous by the time I'd finished it. An awful mess.
Aqui escolhi a versão 3 - manga ¾  e a gola no decote. Esse molde é demais. Tão fácil de fazer! A única coisa que não gosto é o jeito que ele te diz pra costurar a saia à parte de cima. Você precisa esticar um elástico transparente quase até arrenbentá-lo e, as mesmo tempo, franzir a saia. É péssimo! Da primeira vez eu até tentei e acabei conseguindo mas ficou horroroso por dentro, tudo meio mastigado e foi super complicado de fazer. 

Moneta II (3)
This time around I decided to gather the skirt to the proper size before attaching it to the bodice and didn't even bother with the elastic. I did construct the whole thing with my overlocker though and wouldn't recommend skipping the elastic if you're just using a regular sewing machine. Mine's worked out fine and I even went back and overlocked this seam in my first dress so that it looks better - it also had snapped in a couple of places so the overlocking has fixed everything.
Dessa vez, resolvi franzir a saia antes e costurá-la à parte de cima sem o elástico. Mas usei minha overlock pra costurar o vestido todo e não recomendo pular o elástico se você estiver usando só uma máquina normal. Pra mim funcionou super bem e na verdade até passei a overlock no primeiro vestido pra consertar a suruba que ficou da outra vez.

The pockets are quite useless for keeping stuff in - I still love love you jersey! - but I love being able to put my hands in my pockets. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love me some pockets!
Os bolsos são praticamente inúteis pra serem usados como "compartimentos" mas adoro poder colocar as mãos no bolso. Já disse antes e digo de novo: eu adoro bolsos!

The fabric is a weighty jersey I got from my local fabric shop. It's lovely to work with. And fairly thick, which means I'll be wearing this as the weather starts to cool. I've also got it in pink and orange and the pink has already become something, too.
O tecido é uma malha grossa que comprei na minha loja local. Foi super bom de trabalhar. E como ele é pesadinho vou poder usar meu vestido quando o inverno chegar. Também tenho esse tecido em rosa e laranja. Aliás, o rosa já se transformou em roupa.


It's great that the dress looks great with ballerina pumps and it also works with tights and heeled brogues. I bet it'll look nice with boots, too.

Acho ótimo que o vestido fica bom com sapatilhas mas também dá certo com meia calça e sapato alto. Aposto que vai ficar legal com botas, também.
I love the collar! It makes it look all lovely and finished. You can download a special "extras" pack from the Colette website to add 5 different styles of collar to it - though this one came with the original pattern.
Essa gola é linda! Dá um ar sofisticado e de bom acabamento. No site da Colette eles têm um download com outras 5 golas diferentes para se fazer - mas essa é a original, que veio com o molde.
And here is a photo of my original Moneta, which is in a much lighter jersey and has been worn to death over the summer.
E aqui está uma foto do meu Moneta original, que foi feito numa malha bem mais leve e foi usado pra caramba durante o verão.


Until next time!

Até a próxima!


Popular posts from this blog

So long, Blogspot. Hello, Wordpress!

I've been wanting to move my blog away from Blogspot for a while but could never be bothered to actually do it. This week was the tipping point though, and I've now fully migrated over to  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ . The blogspot address will remain here but all new posts will only appear at  https://patsypoomakes.wordpress.com/ .  There are lots of reasons for the move but my biggest one is how hard Blogger has made it for people to subscribe to receive new posts via email. It's such a basic requirement but apparently, they think it's too much to offer.  I'm basing this purely on how I myself prefer to consume this stuff. I can't be arsed with feed readers anymore and emails are easy and convenient. When I receive one, if I fancy reading it, I will click through to it and, if not, I'll just delete it. Another reason is the spat between Google (owners of Blogger) and Instagram/Facebook/Meta. I don't even know if this is still the case anymore

{Friday Pattern Company} Sagebrush Top

I know I said I didn't think I could be bothered to get the blog going again but this top came into my life and I love it too much not to ramble on about it for longer than I should... Meet the Sagebrush top from Friday Pattern Company. Isn't it brilliant? I never thought I was a ruffle and puffy sleeve kind of person, but maybe I am because I bloody love this! It was another buddy sew with Mel, but this time not only did we make the same pattern, we used the same fabric as well. We fell in love with a few yellow versions we saw on Instagram and when Mel found this fabric , we had to. 🤷‍♀️ The fabric was a joy to sew and is great to wear. It's perfect for this top: it has fluidity and drape but it's still got some body to cope with all that volume. There is a lovely slubby texture to it, too, which I really like. The instructions are really clear. The pattern is of very simple construction and a very good option for beginners. But it's also an enjoyable project fo

{Tilly and the Buttons} The Indigo smock dress

When the  Indigo dress came out I wasn't bothered. I had just bought the  I AM Cassiopée  and didn't think I'd need another smock style dress in my life. I wasn't even sure if the shape was for me at that point. I have since made the Cassiopée twice and I wear them a lot. I still wasn't convinced I needed another pattern that was so similar though. But then,  Fabricate  had a party to launch their new shop location and I wanted to attend. Obviously, I'm still on a fabric buying ban until January and couldn't buy any fabric so I bought an Indigo pattern that night instead. I am so in love with this dress!!! How can something so simple look so good? I think the fabric plays a massive part though. Ever since I saw  this chambray version  that Caroline made I have wanted to make a similar one. It just works. My fabric came from  Ray Stitch  when I visited last month. I can't find it on their website but I also can't remember the name so it may sti